Hele Valley Holiday Park offers you a holiday experience of rest, relaxation and a chance to escape in our natural environment. With a wide variety of quality accommodation to suit your needs and budget, choose between our luxury lodges, modern holiday caravans, delightful country cottages or camping with access facilities."
We strive to ensure that all visitors can enjoy the accommodation facilities and surroundings within the park. Our aim is to help in any way that we can and if you require any assistance during your stay or whilst planning your visit our friendly staff are on hand should you need assistance.
- Reception area has a large tarmac area at the front for arrivals and departures parking.
- There is one allocated disabled parking space in front of the Reception entrance, next to the ramped access path. There are no entrance barriers and entrance gates are open 24 hours a day. All facilities are clearly signposted.
Reception & Laundry
- Access to reception is directly from the car parking area.
- There is a paved ramped access path leading to the reception door. Another path to the reception has two steps over two levels.
- There is ample room within for a large wheelchair to manoeuvre and turn.
- The door to the reception area is 80cm wide.
- The main reception counter is 110cm high, but there is a side counter .
- Reception is open daily from 9am until 5pm and from 9am until 9pm at peak times. In the unlikely event that a guest needs assistance outside of these hours our main telephone number is answered 24 hours a day. However, please be aware that this does not equate to 24-hour service.
- The laundry room is situated next to reception.
- There is one front loading and one top loading washing machine.
- There are two front opening tumble dryers arranged in a stacked formation.
- There is one movable ironing board and an iron is available from reception for use in the laundry on payment of a refundable deposit.
- A service wash is available for an additional charge
- Tarmac/rough gravel/grass service all parts of the park and speed signs are clearly marked.
- We take the safety of our customers very seriously so there is a 5 mph speed limit throughout the park with clearly marked speed bumps in several locations.
- The park is situated in a peaceful valley within the boundaries of Hele village, Ilfracombe.
- There are no footpaths following the roads.
- Dogs are welcome but must be kept on leads at all times and not left unattended.
- The park has a toilet block is situated by the main camping/touring field.
- There is room for parking outside the toilet blocks
- We have 2 cottages, 9 lodges and 12 caravans for hire.
- Caravans - step width is on average 70cm with the depth of tread being approximately 20cm and the entrance door is 73cm wide.
- Lodges – most units have a double entrance door (opening to 165cm wide) and the step width is on average 90cm with the depth of tread being approximately 30cm
- None of the self-catering accommodation for hire has ramped access - each entrance has two/three/four steps.
- None of the self-catering accommodation for hire has special adaptations for the use of persons with disability.
- Parking for most of the self-catering holiday homes is either next to or close by with paved paths to the entrance door steps.
- Units are either four or six berth and include separate shower room, lounge & fully equipped kitchen.
- Please refer to holiday home diagrams on our website for details of each type of holiday home.
- We are a pet friendly site and have a selection of accommodation to allow you to bring your dog with you (please specify on booking). No cats allowed
- We have 55 pitches for tents, motor caravans and touring caravan.
- All motorhome hard-standing pitches are gravel with a grass awning area and a tarmac roadway providing central access.
- All camping is on level grass pitches, allowing your vehicle to be parked on your pitch.
- There is a toilet block situated centrally to the touring/ camping fields and comprises separate ladies and gents with showers, individual basins and toilets and one unisex family/ disabled room with accessible shower, toilet with grab handles and low level wash facilities allowing wheelchair access.
- The toilet block has ramped access.
- All toilet/ shower facilities are accessible 24 hours a day with individual security key
- The chemical disposal point and dishwashing area have access by either one or two steps.
- All pitches have their own electric hook-up point and most have their own water supply.
- There are numerous dustbin areas, recycling points and fire points on the park. We actively encourage recycling from all our guests and staff.
- Pets are welcome but must be kept on leads and not left unattended.
- Pitches can be pre-booked and staff are happy to advise on the location and suitability for your requirements on enquiry.
- Considering the holiday park is situated in the bottom of the valley, we have some coverage for mobile phones; particularly Orange.
- We do have Wi-Fi covering the whole Park, and provide free wifi to our guests.
- We are a dog friendly site and welcome assistance dogs, but please tell us about your requirements prior to arrival
- We do not offer wheelchairs on site, but we can supply you with contact details of local companies who hire out wheelchairs and mobility aids. We can take delivery of these items, so that they are ready and waiting for you on your arrival.
- There is a local bus service operating 200 yards from the park (up a small slope) everyday but Sundays and bank holidays.
- Local taxis service the park and have people carriers and modified taxis with wheelchair access.
- The nearest train station is Barnstaple
- We do not have a shop on site, but do sell daily papers in reception. There is a small village shop, for your essential supplies, operating from the local garage opposite Hele Billy's. Thet are open between 7am and 9pm every day and Tesco and Lidl stores are a 10 minute drive away. The nearby branches of major supermarket chains will also deliver to the park for a small charge, order your shopping at home from Tesco on-line or Local Farm Box will delivered here for your arrival.
- Large print version of our literature are available on request
Although we have tried to be as accurate as possible and include as much detail as we can in this statement, we are always willing to give information on any aspect of the park. If this statement does not answer your particular question please let us know and we will endeavour to answer your question and amend this statement for future use.